Manchester City defeated Liverpool with a 4-0 score. Here are 5 facts after Manchester City vs Liverpool.
1. Liverpool’s two biggest defeats in the Premier League in the Jürgen Klopp era were both at the Etihad Stadium against Manchester City (4-0 2020-2-7, 5-0 in September 2017).
2. Liverpool failed to score in consecutive away league games in all competitions, for the first time since April 1992. At that time they failed to score in eight consecutive away games.
3. Liverpool equals the biggest defeat by a team that had won the Premier League. Arsenal losing 0-4 on away to Liverpool in 1997-98. It was also Arsenal’s first match after being confirmed champions.
4. Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling scored his first goal in the Premier League against Liverpool, his former club, in the ninth appearance against the Reds.
5. This season Manchester City got 10 penalties, only losing to Manchester United (11). Also only MU have scored more penalty goals (7) than City (6) this season.