UEFA Champions League Top Scorers List
In terms of goals in the UEFA Champions League, Ronaldo and Messi are in the lead, but the battle for third place is very close. Messi has scored for Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain, while Ronaldo has scored for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus.
The most prolific scorer in the senior international football as well as the Champions League and UEFA club competitions are all credited to Cristiano Ronaldo. He reached his centenary in his 144th appearance, becoming the first Champions League player to score 100 goals.
List of players with the most champions league goals
- 140: Cristiano Ronaldo (POR, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus)
- 125: Lionel Messi (ARG, Barcelona, Paris Saint-Germain)
- 86: Robert Lewandowski (POL, Borussia Dortmund, Bayern München)
- 86: Karim Benzema (FRA, Lyon, Real Madrid)
- 71: Raúl González (ESP, Real Madrid, Schalke)
- 56: Ruud van Nistelrooy (NED, PSV Eindhoven, Manchester United, Real Madrid)
- 52: Thomas Müller (GER, Bayern München)50: Thierry Henry (FRA, Monaco, Arsenal, Barcelona)
- 48: Zlatan Ibrahimović (SWE, Ajax, Juventus, Inter, Barcelona, AC Milan, Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester United)
- 48: Andriy Shevchenko (UKR, Dynamo Kyiv, AC Milan, Chelsea)
- 46: Filippo Inzaghi (ITA, Juventus, AC Milan)
Note: This top scorer list is after the 2022 final.
Cristiano Ronaldo wasn’t always a pure striker; During his first spell at Manchester United, he did not score until match 27 of the Champions League. However, the Portuguese legend began scoring goals with surprising regularity after moving from the wing to a central attacking position, and continued to rack up big totals after leaving Old Trafford for Real Madrid.
ALSO READ: Who has scored the most Champions League hat-tricks?
ALSO READ: Most Champions League goals for one club
10 thoughts on “Champions League all-time top scorers: Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Robert Lewandowski”