Top Goal Scorers in UEFA Champions League 2022/23
Erling Haaland is currently leading Mohamed Salah in the scoring charts for this season’s UEFA Champions League. He scored his 12th goal of the campaign in Manchester City’s second-leg victory at away in Munich.
- Erling Haaland – 12 (Manchester City)
- Mohamed Salah – 8 (Liverpool)
- Kylian Mbappé – 7 (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Vinícius Júnior – 6 (Real Madrid)
- João Mário – 6 (Benfica)
- Robert Lewandowski – 5 (Barcelona)
- Mehdi Taremi – 5 (Porto)
- Rafa Silva – 5 (Benfica)
And here are the players with four goals, listed in alphabetical order:
- Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
- Eric Maxim Choupo-Moting (Bayern Munich)
- Olivier Giroud (AC Milan)
- Mohammed Kudus (Ajax)
- Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain)
- Darwin Núñez (Liverpool)
- Victor Osimhen (Napoli)
- Giacomo Raspadori (Napoli)
- Leroy Sané (Bayern Munich)
- Giovanni Simeone (Napoli)
- Piotr Zieliński (Napoli)
Haaland scored five times during the group stage, and even though he didn’t score in the first leg against Leipzig in the round of 16, he scored five goals in the second leg to double his tally for the season. This achievement made him the third player to score five goals in a single Champions League match. As a result, Manchester City qualified for the quarter-finals.
Haaland, who is 22 years old, has scored three more goals than Salah, whose Liverpool team was knocked out in the last 16. Kylian Mbappé, who was eliminated, is one goal behind Salah, while Vinícius Júnior and João Mário, who are still in the competition, are the closest challengers to Haaland with six goals each.
Mbappé cannot increase his score anymore in the UEFA Champions League this season because his team, Paris Saint-Germain, was knocked out by Bayern. However, Vinícius Júnior and João Mário are still in the competition and have reached the quarter-finals with their teams, Real Madrid and Benfica, respectively.